Sunday, August 19, 2018

Down the TBR Hole #3

Created by Lia @Lost in a Story

It works like this:
Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
Order on ascending date added.
Take the first 5 (or 10 (or even more!) if youre feeling adventurous) books.
Read the synopses
 of the books
Decide: keep it or should it go?
My Goodreads TBR currently has 833 books on it, and this post is all books I added in 2012, so I'm really looking forward to cleansing my list!

Angelfall (Penryn & The End of Days #1)


Set in Northern California, about a warrior angel apocalypse, this book description seems mediocre. I recognized the cover of this book, but couldn't remember why I had added it to my tar list. However, all of my friends have given this book stellar reviews on Goodreads. There must be a reason for all of these 5-star ratings!


Decision: Keep

Bad Girls Don't Die


A high schooler fears here twelve year old sister may be possessed in this novel. There's the typical dysfunctional family, spooky things moving in the house, and the changing of eye colors.  I think I'm going to need a little more from a book than just possession to get me hooked though.



Decision: Go

The Bar Code Tattoo


The story of a girl who breaks societies norms by not getting her identifying bar code tattoo. Become an outcast, and then going on the run, the concept of this book is something at still interests me. Plus, I found it at a yard sale recently to maybe this is a sign that I'll be reading it eventually!



Decision: Keep

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1)


This series is so flipping popular there's no way I can *not* read it. It has a 4.4/5 rating on Goodreads with half a million people rating it! Plus, I love fairytale retellings so I'm really looking forward to this series!




Decision: Keep

*


*


*
(Don't mind me, I just deleted like 20 books in the middle that all had the same plot. Paranormal girl gets a dream where she finds out she might not be normal *gasps*. I guess I had a type?)


Evermore (The Immortals #1)


After the death of her family, Ever can see the aura's of those around her. She then falls for an "exotic and wealthy" boy. Seriously? He's being described as exotic? People aren't exotic. It seems like almost every friend of mine has read this book in 2013 (after I added it to my TBR) and they all hated it...


Decision: Go 


Did I make the right decisions?? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment