Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday #13


6 New-to-Me Authors I Read in the Last Year

1. V. E. Schwab
I was absolutely blown away by The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue and will 100% be reading more from Schwab in 2021. I still haven't decided if Vicious, This Savage Song, or A Darker Shade of Magic will be my next read!

2. Leigh Bardugo 
I read Six of Crows and will definitely be reading more from the Grishaverse in the future!

3. Victoria Aveyard
I read Red Queen and while I wasn't crazy about the plot I did enjoy the writing style. I haven't decided yet whether I'll finish the rest of this series, but I'm actually really excited for her upcoming new series Realm Breaker.

4. Sarah Kuhn
I recently listened to the Doctor Aphra audiobook, written by Kuhn, and loved it. I'm very interested in picking up I Love You So Mochi soon!

5. Art Spiegelman
I was immensely impressed by Maus volumes one and two this past year. This was expected, as the duology is long acclaimed as a brutally moving work of art (Maus came out in '86).

6. Silvia Moreno-Garcia
Mexican Gothic was such a spooky read and it put Moreno-Garcia on the map for me. I'm looking forward to also reading Gods of Jade and Shadow.

1 comment:

  1. I've only read a couple graphic novels, but I've heard amazing things about the Maus series. I really need to pick it up one of these days. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete