Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday #16



10 Books Covers That Made Me Buy/Read the Book


Bought and Read
I just adore the classic 
gold on black contrast and 
the pretty title font. The foiling 
and minimalism really drew me in to this book. 



2. Six Crimson Cranes by Elizabeth Lim

Bought and Read
How gorgeous are these pastels?!? 
I need more books to pub with 
cute pastel aesthetics like this one,
and I need the trend to start NOW.



3. The Bright & The Pale by Jessica Rubinkowski

Read as a Library Book
This gorgeous blue cover actually 
caught my eye on the EpicReads instagram 
account, and it did not disappoint.



4. The Nature of Witches by Rachel Griffin

Bought and on TBR
This author is actually local to 
the Seattle area so I heard a lot about this book 
and fell in love with the purple stormy cover. 
I preordered this beauty,
 but haven't gotten a chance to read it yet.



5. Yolk by Mary H.K. Choi

On TBR
The bold yellow drew me in 
instantly. I've added this to my TBR, but 
haven't gotten myself a copy 
or checked it out of the library yet.



6. The Girl Who Fell Beneath The Sea by Axie Oh

Expected to Pub Feb 2022
I adored Axie Oh's latest book so 
this is not a 100% cover buy, but oh my goodness 
look at this cover?!?!? I need this ASAP!!



7. Beyond a Darkened Shore by Jessica Leake

Bought and Read
What can I say, black and gold 
together is iconic. The smokey crow is 
so cool and ominous!



8. Descendant of the Crane by Joan He

Read as a Library Book
I fell in love with this cover 
on NetGalley, didn't get approved, but 
eventually read the library's copy. I was so drawn to 
the lotus flower forest the Heroine walks into.



9. Skyhunter by Marie Lu

Bought and Read
The colors in this one are so 
rich a deep, like the ending of a sunset. 
The naked hardcover underneath 
the dust jacket is just as beautiful!



10. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Bought and on TBR
I actually just bought TNC this weekend 
at a used book store. Again, the contrast with 
black was eye-catching and I've had 
it recommended to me in the past so the 
cover really caught my attention.



What Have You Cover-Bought?




5 comments:

  1. Wow, pretty covers! My faves from your list are 2, 3, 5, 6, 9.

    Here's my list this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh The Night Circus is my all-time favorite book so I'm happy to see it on a list! I love the cover so much. Also the pastel vibes of Six Crimson Cranes is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list of books. All of those covers are stunning, especially The Girl Who Fell Beneath the Sea.

    I have The Nature of Witches on my TBR. I can't wait to read it.

    When you get the chance, I hope you come over and check out my post: http://readbakecreate.com/15-book-covers-that-scream-summer/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so gorgeous, especially that one for Six Crimson Cranes. I have major heart eyes for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices! I especially love Addie LaRue and The Night Circus (guess I love the black backgrounds :) )

    ReplyDelete