Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #5




Top Ten of the Best Books I’ve Read Recently


          



I love Fairy Tail and have been meaning to start reading its spin-offs for a while now. I started off with Wendy’s Spinoff Blue Minstrel and I was not disappointed! That adorable little sky dragon slayer is holding her own and is truly an amazing character.






           




I’ve hyped this book up a lot recently so I won’t fangirl over it again but it’s a super amazing sequel about fantasy science told by an awesome female protagonist!





          




I’ve owned this book for awhile, read about 8 pages 4 years ago and finally sat down and read it this year. It lived up to the hype, and it was so cool seeing how much of the lore Stoker put in one book.






        
 

I will never not love this serious. I will read all of the Avatar Universe until they stop producing new material. Hopefully that will never happen because I need the gap between Aang and Korra filled up, after Legend of Korra ended, and even just stories about all of the past avatar’s adventures. Right now we’re looking at a rebel uprising that wants to dethrone Zuko and make Ozai the Firelord again! I haven’t read the third and final part yet but I’m looking forward to it.



          

 This is seriously not a story to pass up. Cindy Moon aka Silk is an Asian-American young woman who was bitten by the same radioactive spider as Peter Parker but wasn’t able to control her powers. She locked herself up in an underground bunker where she stayed for years until discovered by Spiderman himself! Now she’s a badass force of nature who beats up bad guys and always has a witty remark. This comic features Spiderman, The Fantastic Four, Black Cat, Mockingbird, and Spiderwoman, and everyone’s favorite boss: J. Jonah Jameson Jr.



          



Ms. Marvel is another awesome comic featuring a 16-year-old Pakistani-American. She’s marvel’s first Muslim character to get their own comic book and the first volume won the 2015 Hugo Award for Best Graphic Story. It’s so refreshing to get some diversity!




           



Ok this is going to be my last Marvel promotion but this is also another amazing read. Angela is Thor’s sister, an Angel Bounty Hunter who grew up outside of the 9 realms. This comic starts out with her lover Sera in Hel and Angela’s goal is to take over as Queen of Hel to free her lover and mistreated Angel sisters. If you want an empowered woman, queer representation and all the sass look no further!





          

This is one of the new canon Star Wars books so of course I had to read it. It looks at what’s really good and evil and whether or not a middle ground exists. Vos (a jedi) and Ventress (a former sith and enemy of the jedi) realize that they have a common enemy: Count Dooku. Teaming up will give them the best chance at killing him before he and the separatists take over the galaxy destroying innocent lives. Being partners on such a stressful mission creates an intricate bond between a dark force user and a light force user like never before.



        
 



I’ve already reviewed this but this book is another great novel by Marie Lu. The cast of characters get cool powers in such an interesting way and I love how the story is told by the villain’s perspective.








I’m Rick Riordan trash. As long as he writes mythological books, I will read mythological books. Magnus was a fascinating character and I was shocked to find that he was killed only a couple pages into the book. This also has Muslim representation with Magnus’s good friend Sam as well as plenty of references to his past works since they’re all intertwined so well! (Also Annabeth Chase makes a brief appearance so that’s a plus)

No comments:

Post a Comment