Friday, December 4, 2020

Month in Review: November 2020

monthly recaps; including life updates, upcoming, and book hauls


I haven't done one of these posts in a looooong time, but I posted a bit this month, and I've read a lot and have some upcoming posts planned so I find it particularly relevant again!


Life Updates


Hey everyone! Wow, what a busy month it has been. I have exactly two weeks left of graduate school and it's making me both excited and nervous. It's hard to believe after years and years of schooling that it's almost over. I'll have to start looking for a job soon! In the meantime, I have to focus on my finals. My most exciting and nerve-wracking final is a paper I'm writing on graphic narratives and graphic narrative form. I'm nervous because I don't have much practice with writing about drawn images (my specialties are in English Literature and Film Analysis) so this is outside of (but near) my wheel-house. I'm going to talk about comics, graphic novels, and manga as subsections of the medium of graphic narrative and have been re-reading Death Note in preparation for my last paper.


Currently Reading


          

     
I love love love all things Star Wars, I'm currently listening to the audiobook!

I'm reading this for a book club in my university department!

I'm actually giving the whole 12 volume series a re-read to write a paper on it.



My Posts This Month


Coming Soon

  • Netgalley review posts
  • Best Underrated YA Series post(s?)
  • More Hit, Miss, Haven't Read!

Book Haul

For Review

No comments:

Post a Comment