Saturday, July 28, 2018

Dua Lipa Inspired YA Book Recommendations!


Today’s post is all about YA Book Recommendations, inspired by Dua Lipa’s self-titled deluxe album. I love Dua Lipa’s album because she deals with such raw and relatable emotions, and I realized they coincided ridiculously with some of my favorite books! What sparked this idea was hearing Homesick by Dua Lipa while I was reading the Library of Fates about 2 months ago. It fit so perfectly and when I started thinking about it more books fit together. 2 of these 17 songs were hard for me to match but I’ve finally done it and here are the results! Here’s a link to her album on Spotify if you would like to listen while you read: https://open.spotify.com/album/5fVY6IeKcgyGdSD3DBxNM4





1. Genesis → Champion by Marie Lu

“Without you, I’ve got no air to breathe in. How can we go back to the beginning?”









2. Lost in Your Light → They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera

“Hold me, Trust me, you know you can hide in my arms all night”







3. Hotter Than Hell → The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller 

“Does it burn when I’m not there? When you’re by yourself, am I the answer to your prayers?”









“I see the moon, oh when you’re looking at the sun... I see in blue oh but you see everything in red.”









“You say you’re sorry, but it’s too late now. So save it, get gone, shut up”










“If you don’t like the way I talk, then why am I on your mind?”










“Where do we go? Cause we don’t believe in this Garden of Eden”









“Whisper pretty lies. Just for tonight, let’s love like there’s no goodbyes”







Thinking ‘Bout You  I Had Such Friends by Meg Gatland-Veness 

“I’ve been working longer, I’ve been drinking stronger, I’ve been smoking deeper but the memories won’t stop. I can’t stop thinking ‘bout you.”









“Don’t let him in, you’ll have to kick him out again”







“Swear I’m gonna hold your head up
Swear I’m gonna break your fall
Swear we’re gonna last forever
Baby, this is all I want.”








“It’s a bittersweet feeling, Longing and I’m leaving. I go, I go, I go. But I wish I was there with you.”







“In my dreams, you say you need me, believe me. In my dreams you’d say you love me, say you’ll never leave my dreams. In my dreams.”









“Karma’s got a kiss for you”








“I’ve been through mountains and seas, tryna to get you to come back to me”







Bad Together  The Rose Society by Marie Lu

“You’ve seen that we’ve got the same pain, same scar... Let’s be bad together, baby you and I. Let’s be bad together, if only for awhile.”








“Way too young to hurt so long, I’m hurtin’. Was it worth it?”







How's my list? Have any recommendations for me?




No comments:

Post a Comment